Wednesday, February 13, 2008

bokeh.

one of the things that I've really enjoyed since beginning all of this blogging and flickring madness is that I'm learning more about photography. there are a few flickr groups that I frequent (well, there are a number that I frequent but two that are relevant today), !bokeh! and bokeh wednesday. I didn't even know what bokeh meant until I joined flickr, but, found that it's actually pretty interesting and makes me like the photographs even more. I have found bokeh much easier to capture when lights are in the mix, but, I'll make my way to other forms of it one of these times. I've had a few unsuccessful attempts (but, I haven't really been trying too hard either).

per wikipedia: Bokeh (from the Japanese boke ぼけ, "blur") is a photographic term referring to the appearance of out-of-focus areas in an image produced by a camera lens.[1] Different lens bokeh produces different aesthetic qualities in out-of-focus backgrounds, which are often used to reduce distractions and emphasize the primary subject. The effect itself is the circle of confusion, an image of the aperture convolved by the image itself.

1 comment:

carrie ann said...

Hey Lucy! Great photo...this looks like it would be awesome as a painting, too...