big news...number two is officially underway! we spent the greater part of the day on the computer setting the dates and booking the flights. I topped off the day in powells on burnside camped out in the aisles reading through as many books as possible and managed to get out of there with a handful of fun used travel and language books and a few maps to boot (greg opted out of powells due to headache from said flight booking...poor guy but probably for the best given that I take a loooooong time to pick out books). we are sooooooo excited. so excited.
Friday, April 18, 2008
it's supposed to snow this week-end which I should embrace, but, I'm not. instead my head is all about white sand, hot sun, crystal clear water, coconut smelling suntan lotion, great book and ice cold beer. I think the closest I'm going to get to this scene this week-end is going to be in the white porcelain bathtub with the heat lamp on (our bathroom was built in the 50's and there's this crazy UFO looking heat lamp on the ceiling), some coconut smelling soap and cerveza in one hand, great book in the other.
Posted by lucy at 4:18 PM
Sunday, April 13, 2008
my mom's birthday was yesterday so our week-end was full of loving and wonderful thoughts for her. she spent most of her birthday doing what she loves...working in the yard. she pruned her cherry trees and enjoyed the sunshine. I would have loved to have spent the day with her.
Posted by lucy at 7:50 PM
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
...this summer. well, there are a million...no trillion things I'm looking forward to this summer, however, right at this moment two are on my mind so I'll share. note general theme = looking forward to hot!
1. hot afternoon runs. now, don't get me wrong, my speed of 'run' is a very sloooow jog and I don't go very far, BUT, I have the ability to psyche myself into thinking that I'm running really fast, sprinting more like, with the help of the music on my ipod. I like running when it is hot out, I like running up hill, and I like the way walking feels after I've finished my run.
2. drinking ice cold beer on a hot evening while listening to the birds end their day. when we lived in cincinnati we would listen to the cardinals, more of a spring thing, but they had a very sweet song. here in portland I like to listen to the crows and doves. I also like to listen to the breeze blow through the trees. it warms my heart and reminds me of camping in northern california.
Posted by lucy at 8:28 PM
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Saturday, April 5, 2008
2. I recently came across this blog and l.o.v.e. it.
3. when I was little I had pet chickens; a rooster named peepers and a hen named tulip. I picked them out of a big bin at the farm supply store...they were fuzzy little chicks and lived in a box under a warm lamp and would hang out in my lap most of the time. peepers eventually turned mean, chased me across the yard, pecked at my skinny little legs, and ended up on the dinner table in a big 'ol pot of chicken 'n dumplings (despite my heavy protest...yes, this gave me some issues to work through). tulip remained sweet and would follow me around and when I would sit in a chair outside she would hop up on my lap. at the time it was no big thing to have a grown chicken hanging out in my lap, but, now as an adult it would catch my eye as an unusual sight.
4. went to the adam arnold spring collection fashion show at design within reach last night, met some interesting people, fell in love with the striped cotton margaret dress, and decided that I need to a. go to design within reach more often and b. go to fashion shows more often.
5. am looking forward to painting my nails with my new magnifico mexico polish.
Posted by lucy at 10:03 AM
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
...on the list has officially been completed. I can even fold them without watching the 10 minute video I found on youtube. thank goodness for the video because the little instructions that come with the origami paper were a little too complicated for my wine infused mind. the 10 minute VERY introductory video was much more my speed.
I'm particularly excited about this little project because it is not only fun and therapeutic, but, also doubles as a gift for my lovely very pregnant friend amber. I took 9 sheets of the origami paper to her shower last week-end and had everyone write a little wish for baby to be (softly and in pencil) on the backside of the paper. I'm now in the process of folding each paper into little origami cranes that I plan to string into a little mobile for baby's room.
Posted by lucy at 6:53 PM
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
the sun was shining this morning and it was no april fool! I was so so glad to see the shadow today.
I wish I had more time, but, unfortunately I have folding to do and I think the ice cream man (a.k.a. greg) is almost back with the sweet mint chocolate chip goods!
Posted by lucy at 7:54 PM