Thursday, March 20, 2008

spring is here...well, kind of.

the first day of spring brings us blustery wet rain here in portland...er...spring showers we'll call them. nonetheless, spring arrived around 10:45 last night and I know all of it's goodness is soon to follow! some of my favorite pieces of spring in portland, other than bringing me one step closer to the sweet sunshiny warmth of summer, are the blossoming dogwood trees and the daffodils. I just love them and these thoughts of sunshine, woodsy tree blossoms and bright yellow bouquets of goodness bring a smile to my face. growing up in northern california, spring meant warm sunshine and lots and lots of wildflowers. my cousins and I would make the sweetest little bouquets.

anyway, the arrival of spring has me craving warm evenings, grilled food, cold beer, painted toes, sun tan lotion, sun hats, linen, flip flops (slippers for my hawaiian friends), margaritas, chips and salsa, windows open to catch the breeze, wine tasting, blue skies, ripe tomatoes, all sorts of delicious fruit, oh, I can go on and on and on but I think you get the point...I've got summer on the brain.

No comments: